Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Should we call him Lucky

Okay so should we call him lucky or a very accident prone child. Yesterday we were coming home from once again the Children's hospital from just getting Koen's second cast removed. He was so happy to have it off and to be able to walk around normally. He told daddy later that night "watch daddy I can run now". So normally I open the garage door while I'm pulling into the drive but today it skipped my mind so I got Koen and Kaitin out then pushed the garage door open so they could get their bikes out to play outside for a bit. Next thing I know I hear a bloody scream and turn around and Koen is hang from the garage door by his shirt and pulled all the way to the top. I hear his shirt rip as I'm running towards him. All I was thinking was here we go back to the hospital. Lucky I made it to him and then was able to lift him up high enough on my shoulders to help him get his shirt off and get down. My neighbor saw all this as she was walking her dog and came running too. He was actually one lucky little boy and finally caught a break. Because had he fallen to the cement under him he could have been very injured. To make a long story short my neighbor felt that the piece on the door is really truly pointless and a dangerous thing to even have on there so she gave the news stations a call and they came out and did a story on it. Which I was totally fine with cause really even though this mostly like hasn't happened before (as grant couldn't find anything when he googled it) but it could very easily happen again and somebody could not turn out so lucky to only walk away with a ripped shirt (which was one my faves by the way, lol)
So here is the link to the news story that was run last night!

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-garage-door-accident-051010,0,7985022.story

One again breathing a sign of relief for my little man. What I can't figure out is why just Koen, I have two other boys too why not one of them for once. Or nothing for once, our lives are for sure not boring!

4 comments:

Mama Ruck said...

Isn't that something that is only supposed to happen in the movies?

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!! I saw this on the news here in OK yesterday....and kept rewinding it! I finally just recorded a it. I swore it was you Lindsey...but wasn't 100%! What a small world! So glad everyone is safe!!! Illene (Kaup) Armer

All five of us! said...

Hi Illene,
Sorry but your name with a face is not coming to me. Can you please tell me how you know me :) So I can figure out who you are. That's so crazy Koen's story was on the news there. Wow! Were all doing good trying to stay safe! :)

The Ramirez Trio said...

Im glad he is ok, i seen this on your fb page. There is always something going on with you LOL But that is pretty scary to think as a parent. They just dart out so quick.