Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Update on Potty Training

Sorry I'm just now updating you all! Gavin has been well I'm not sure, I'm not sure if he's teething or if he's really sick. It's been many of sleepless nights. Please pray he'll be feeling well soon! So about potty training. I have stopped at this point! I'm pretty sure he just wasn't ready. Well I think he was ready his body just wasn't ready. We probably could have done it but it would have been just mommy being potty trained. If you read the potty training 123 book it explains how their little bodies work and when potty training will work. So if I would have stayed with it, it would have been many months of accidents and lots of frustration. I'd rather wait till he's completely ready and make it a Easy 123 process. I'd rather have 4 days to a week then many months of accidents, wouldn't you? Cause really if their still having messes and it's just mommy that's trained can you really say "their" potty trained. NOPE NOT AT ALL! I was little disappointed! But in the long run I'm okay with it. I mean he really is just 20months old it's not like he's 3. LOL! More then anything I was upset I put so much energy into it and put my bum though it and then had to stop. :) It will all be okay hopefully I hope I just have to buy one more box of diapers and he'll be ready. Now that he's teething/sick I'm glad that I did stop! he has drank so much water and gatorade that I've had to change him every 30mins so if he was in the middle of potty trained we would have been set back anyways. Everything happens for a reason right! :) Here's the cutest little video of HIM sitting on the potty though. Listen for the words out, cheese, Elmo, Yum Yum and snack! Isn't he ADORABLE!


1 comment:

The Ramirez Trio said...

well atleast you know that he wasnot ready. Christopher still is not really. We are going to try again when the weather is alot better, and things settle down. good job