Thursday, July 9, 2009

School!

The boys just LOVE to do school. We try to do it everyday, but sometime miss a day here and there. Like yesterday we didn't get as much school done as I would have liked cause I was converting Gavin's crib into a toddler bed. Which I still need to blog about, LOL! But it's AMAZING how fast they catch onto things. They both recognize all their letters and know the sounds of the letters. Their numbers from 1-20, my phone number and kinda Grant's phone number. They know how to write each number from 1-10, and how to write their names. The work books we use are Kumon workbooks. As soon as we get moved I'm hoping to order Sing, spell, read and write and get them reading. I'm still trying to figure out what our plan is going to be for the boys for school. We're pretty sure we'll put Kaitin in preschool 2-3 days a week. Mostly for the social part of it! But I'm not sure if I'm ready for Koen to go and I think I could probably teach him awhole lot more one on one with me. Also it would help Gavin to learn everything easier too. Things are more fun when there's two, I think Gavin would probably get pretty lonely. I know with Koen, he's learned everything at the same speed as Kaitin with them only 13months apart I might as well expect the same out of Koen as I do Kaitin. Which Koen has had no problem doing. Just like Gavin knows how to count to 10 already and almost recognizes the numbers too, cause he does flash cards with Kaitin and Koen. For those of you that I know will probably ask what our routine is, here's the low down.

* Flash cards- either numbers or letters
*Counting or singing the ABC's (Kaitin & Koen are both GREAT at both of these, we do it more for Gavin's benefit)
*Singing songs
*Workbooks
"Numbers or Letters" (I trade off days on these)
*Cutting Workbook and then pasting
*Tracing workbook
*15mins of reading
This all takes about an hour and half or so depending on how many songs they want to sing that day. LOL!

Kaitin working on his numbers


Finished Product!
Hard at work, I LOVE his faces!

Finish Product! Check out his name he wrote...
Gavin has quite reading time of his
own when the boys do their workbooks
Or Paints mommy a pretty picture!





No comments: