Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A sigh of relief!

So I BELIEVE Koen is finally on the road to recovery! We finally figured out what it was Thankfully we had already start antibiotics before we did figure out what has caused all his sickness so he started getting better sooner. He has been sick now since May 25th. It was a really odd sickness for us. It first start on the 25th with not only him but Kaitin and Gavin also all having diarrhea, throwing up, fever and just down right sick for five days. Then Kaitin and Gavin got better and it had seemed Koen had gotten alittle better also the diarrhea and throwing up had stop. But he would go a couple days and then get a fever have no appetite and throw up sometimes. This went on for weeks! Then as time had went on it just seemed to get worse and worse and we could tell he was losing weight, so I was like we have to do something. So we consulted with Grant's dad (who is a doctor) cause we didn't have insurance with grant switching jobs right now. Since we're not a fan of antibiotics and didn't even really know what he had. We did awhole lot of reading and trying to match his symptoms with something, we also did some allergy testing (cause we could tell when he drank milk it would get alot worse) and he was allergic to milk so we took him off that. So Grant's dad told us to give him pepto for a week along with colloidal silver and see if that worked, thinking that maybe because he's allergic to milk and had alot of it that it could be causing bacteria to grow in his stomach. (Milk was the only thing we could get him to eat). So we gave that to him and he seemed alot better but with in three days he was sick again. He woke up in the morning just screaming and holding his tummy, and it was hard as a rock. Scared the crap out of me! His sickness was obviously not only back but back like a raging monster in side him. So Grant's dad got him on a antibiotic. Then three days after him being on the antibiotic I was talking to my friend Sarah and she asked me if what Koen has could be campylobacter. I was like I don't know, why?!?! She told that our friend Dena and her family had all came down with it and that it was from them drinking colostrum. Which I had bought colostrum back on May 19th for the boys to drink (thinking it would help their immune system not make them sick). So I started thinking and I realize that Koen had been sick since then! Now there was no doubt in my mind that's not only what Koen had but also what all three of them had. Most of the time it takes antibiotic to take care of the camplyobacter, some how Kaitin and Gavin's bodies fought it off just not poor Koen. So now I feel like a horrible mother for letting my poor baby be sick for so long and having to go threw so much. But I do feel very relieved to know what caused this and that there's nothing very serious wrong with him. SO FYI don't give kids raw colostrum unless you know for sure where it's coming from and how and who it's handled by.

This is Koen on the Forth of July, see how skinny he has gotten. He didn't not feel well this weekend. This was when we started the pepto and colloidal silver!


2 comments:

The Ramirez Trio said...

We have all done things that we try to justify later, your still a great mom. Its is hard to keep them from getting sick.

The Christys said...

How is Koen doing? I am so glad that you figured it out. Don't feel like a bad Mom things happen and sometimes it is so hard to figure out what is wrong. Good Luck with the move. We should try to get together sometime when you go see your Mom. :).....I should bring my Mom with me.