Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The cold weather camping style!

The boys have been asking to go camping. I don't think they understand they would freeze to death if we went. So following the hiking on Sunday at the Garden of Gods we decided to have a camp out in the basement. The boys LOVED it! We had hotdogs, s'mores, sleeping bags and even a tent the whole nine yards. Daddy's and my back didn't care for it to much (as grants says you could feel the concrete with in the first 5 mins) But it was alot of a fun and made for a GREAT memory. We followed are camping with a nice hike upto The Rock here in town. Having this small hike Grant and I realize we'll have no problem getting into shape this summer with all the hiking were going to enjoy doing together. We can't wait to go on real camping and hiking trip! Looking forward to spring and summer time.









The hike we went on upto the Rock, This Rock is what gives Castle Rock it's name!


Love their faces in this one!

Our view of Pikes Peak




Funny story, All the way up the hike Grant was like "GREAT hike and view along with the dog crap smell" When he told me this I was kinda yeah yeah, cause I didn't really think it smelled all the way. Just when you would walk past some ( I swear if I ever see anybody ever let their dog crap with out picking it up they will get a mouth full from me) but anyways. Later that night when I went to put Koen's shoes on I realized he had step in crap at some point. So no wonder Grant was smelling it the whole time. LOL! Notice where Koen's feet are in the last picture. My poor hubby! :(

No comments: